#NAW2018 National Apprenticeship Week: 5-9 March 2018
Posted: 5 March 2018 at 3:10 pm | Author: Lauren Daws
This week is National Apprenticeship Week, and this year the theme is ‘Apprenticeships Work’! And work they do – each year hundreds of thousands of people up and down the country choose an apprenticeship to start their working life, change career or upskill in their current employment.
#NAW2018 aims to showcase real life apprentices to show just how beneficial apprenticeships are to employers, individuals, the community and the wider economy.
So, how do apprenticeships work? Why are they so great?
- Earn while you learn – an apprenticeship not only gives you a recognised qualification that is valued by employers, you will earn a wage at the same time! That’s right – you get paid to study!
- Future career prospects – according to an apprenticeship survey, 76% of employers offer full-time roles to their apprentices after they have completed their qualification. What’s more, the overall number of apprentices remaining in employment or further training at the end of their apprenticeship stands at 90% meaning your job prospects after gaining your apprenticeship qualification are excellent!
- Real life experience – when studying an apprenticeship, you will learn the theory in college and get the chance to apply what you’ve learnt in the workplace. A powerful combination that will strengthen your CV and help you stand out when applying for future jobs in your chosen industry!
- No debt – your course fees will be paid for by your employer, so you don’t have to worry about being in debt after you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
- Meet contacts in the industry – working in the industry as well as gaining a qualification will allow you to network and make new contacts. This can be helpful to you in the future when looking to apply for jobs.
Thinking of studying an apprenticeship? Get started!
Are you thinking of studying an apprenticeship? We work with a number of employers to help them recruit apprentices, from accounting and administration through to customer service. New vacancies are added to our website regularly, so if you are looking to start an apprenticeship, we could help you find just the opportunity you’re looking for!
- Huge reduction in cost for the new Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard – Available Now!