ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
Subject: Leadership and Management
This ILM Level 5 qualification is designed for those within your organisation that are currently working in supervisory or middle managerial roles that are looking to progress into senior management within the workplace.
Free studying memberships with the ILM is included which will provide access to a range of tools and resources to help get the most from the formal training provided.
- Attendance: Four study weekends and online learning
- Duration: 18 months
- Start date: March and September OR June and November * (exact dates TBC)
- Location: Study days take place at our Godmanchester centre (Near Huntingdon)
We are excited to share that there is a new series of Leadership and Management webinars focussed on developing leadership and management skills for those managing a team.
As a busy manager it can be hard to find time to do all the things that need to be done, let alone find the time to think about how best to manage your team. However, even a few simple changes can make the biggest of differences.
During this series we will be taking a look at six key areas:
- Managing remote workers - 26 November 2020
- Setting objectives and managing performance - 10 December 2020
- Delegation and planning/allocating work - 21 January 2021
- Coaching and training staff - 24 February 2021
- Leading effective meetings - 23 March 2021
- Motivating staff - 27 April 2021
All six webinars will run from 9.30am – 1pm and will be recorded so you can re-watch them at a time convenient to you, or catch up if you missed them. You will also receive a certificate of attendance for your CPD records. They cost £55 each.
To book a place click here!
There are no formal academic entry requirements to work towards this qualification. However, your staff member should be in a leadership role with a significant span of control and management responsibilities. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the assessment demands and how they can be catered for within your current workplace.
This blended learning course offers a combination of online learning and study days allowing for home study with regular tutorial support and college-based lectures on key topics.
Study weekend content:
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions
- Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Managing Communication
- Setting Objectives in the Workplace
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- Understanding Leadership
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace
- Motivating People in the Workplace
- Managing Customer Relations
Course units are assessed by written assignments, written questions, reflective reviews and learning logs.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If your employee has not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in their individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,950||£165 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
ILM fees: £184
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
ILM management courses are well-respected and nationally recognised.
Upon completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, depending on management experience your team member could become a Member (MInstLM) or Fellow Member (FInstLM) of the ILM.
You may wish to encourage your team member to top up their qualification to the Level 5 Diploma or look at taking a related qualification such as coaching and mentoring.
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”