City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Subject: Business Administration
This qualification is designed to enhance your existing skills and provide you with the knowledge and confidence to excel in your role.
You will develop skills in supervising others and contributing to the wider strategy of your department or organisation, gaining greater technical, administrative and managerial knowledge in the process. Depending on your job role and the units you choose to undertake you could gain skills in areas such as managing information, team supervision and project management.
- Attendance: As this qualification is work-based no college attendance is required. Instead all tuition, support and assessment will be provided in the workplace, online and via email and telephone contact. Support is provided by one of the College’s work-based learning assessors and a mentor in the workplace is required.
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Start date: Any time during the year.
- Location: Your organisation must be within a 90 minute radius of Huntingdon (Cambridgeshire). However if your business is located outside of this area, please contact us as we may be able to meet your training needs.
You will ideally have five GCSEs at grades A*-C (or 9-4) or have already undertaken the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration. You will also need to be employed within an administration role in a supervisory position.
The course structure allows managerial, technical and administration skills to be enhanced; the following mandatory units will be completed:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of business communication and information
- Principles of administration
- Principles of business
- Manage personal and professional development
A range of optional units can then be selected, examples of these include:
- Resolve administrative problems
- Analyse and present business data
- Produce business documents
- Chair and lead meetings
- Manage a budget
- Principles of leadership and management
- Manage an office facility
Course assessment consists of completing online examinations and a portfolio, and passing work-based practical assessments.
Course fees can either be paid in full before the beginning of the course, on an annual basis, or via our ‘Pay As You Learn’ monthly payment scheme
If you have not achieved your qualification by the planned end date detailed in your individual learning plan, continued support and course access is available by paying monthly direct debit payments until certification is achieved.
|Full Fee||Annual||Pay As You Learn|
|£2,086||£1,043.18 per year||£139 per month|
Awarding Body Fees*
City & Guilds fees: £166.40
* Awarding Body Fees are payable by all students or employers and recharged at cost and may be subject to change.
If you are over 19 years of age you may be entitled to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help fund your studies! (England only)
Sources of financial help can be found on our student finance page. Before making any financial decision it is recommended that you seek advice from an independent source, for example the Money Advice Service.
These are current figures and may be subject to change. The differences in course fees reflect the level of funding that is available as a result of government policies and priorities. These may be as a result of age, employment status, previous education achievements, or location for example, and are outside the control of CAW Business School.
This qualification will allow you to, not only provide complex administrative support to your organisation, but take on more responsibility at work too, perhaps laying the foundations for a senior administrative or managerial role. Administrative staff are in high demand in the public, private and charity sectors; therefore a formal qualification demonstrates your practical administration skills and abilities, standing you in good stead when applying for administrative roles.
Alternatively, you could continue studying towards the NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration or look at undertaking a higher education qualification such as a HND/degree or a professional qualification such as Leadership and Management, in order to further expand on your existing skillset.
After you complete your studies with CAW Business School, you will be invited to join our alumni association, CAW Connect. CAW Connect is a social networking website and education hub which gives you the opportunity to connect with other alumni, enjoy industry discounts, make use of exclusive careers advice and resources, find new job opportunities and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Find out more about CAW Connect
What our Business School students say:
“I have enjoyed learning new skills and applying some of these to my current job”
“The tutors are very helpful and supportive and provide me with regular reviews on my progress”
“The course fits around my everyday work making this easy to complete”
“The tutors are extremely helpful and always manage to find time to provide support and answer any queries”
Business and Administration vacancies in the South East
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Service and Stock Control Administration Apprentice
- Allport Cargo Services - General Office Administrator (Apprentice)
- JCK - Commercial Assistant / Business and Administration Apprenticeship
- Business Administration Apprentice